The “Zukunftsstiftung der Liechtensteinischen Landesbank AG” (the Future Foundation of Liechtensteinische Landesbank AG), which was founded in 2011 as part of our 150th anniversary celebrations, supports commitment to social and ecological sustainability in everyday life. We support organisations and non-profit projects that improve living and working conditions and promote self-responsibility. Besides this, we promote projects dedicated to environmental protection. We focus on innovations in the areas of knowledge transfer as well as the integration and implementation of social entrepreneurship.
Trust, responsibility and reliability are important to the LLB Group. The company is closely connected to the people and the economy of Liechtenstein and the other home markets of the LLB Group. In addition to project-specific contributions amounting to CHF 69'000, the Future Foundation contributed to society by donating a total of CHF 79'500 to social organisations in 2018. The Future Foundation is a member of the network of the Vereinigung liechtensteinischer gemeinnütziger Stiftungen (Association of Liechtenstein Non-Profit Foundations), which aims to promote the idea of entrepreneurial philanthropy.
Projects in 2018
Through its annual donations to a set circle of social institutions in Liechtenstein, the Future Foundation helps to maintain healthy social structures in the country. Providing additional funding to individual projects helps innovative ideas in the area of social and ecological development in the LLB Group’s market regions to be realised in practice.
Over the past seven years, the Future Foundation has made over 140 donations and contributions to around 50 projects, in all totalling over CHF 1'000'000.
The projects receiving funding contributions are mostly small, focused and located in the market regions of LLB and Bank Linth (Liechtenstein and eastern Switzerland) as well as LLB Österreich. In 2018, the Future Foundation supported the following projects:
- pepperMINT: The MINT Initiative Liechtenstein is a social foundation that offers children and young people the chance to experience and learn mathematics, computer science, natural science and technology in a fun way.
- Trash Hero World: The volunteer organisation is committed to a waste-free world and working specifically towards reducing plastic waste.
- Plan International: The children’s fund is committed to the participation and co-determination of children and young people in Swiss and Liechtenstein organisations. First and foremost, young people with special needs are supported.
- Stiftung Feriengestaltung für Kinder Schweiz: The foundation organises holiday camps for children in Switzerland who otherwise would not be able to go on holiday. With the aim of equal participation in society, the camps are also open to children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Kinderschutz.li: With its prevention programme, this child protection organisation is working to combat violence, mobbing and the sexual abuse of children and young people. Children, parents, schools and organisations are given active support.
- ratatätsch Guggamusig: The organisation supports the social integration of people with disabilities and enables them to play an active part during Fasnacht (carnival) through playing music together.
- myclimate: This year, as part of its anniversary celebrations, the non-profit foundation is going to be giving interactive and action-oriented courses on the topics of climate protection and sustainability to all school pupils and apprentices in Liechtenstein.
- Pfadfinder und Pfadfinderinnen Liechtensteins (Scouts and Guides of Liechtenstein): At the world scout jamboree camp, young people have the opportunity to get to know people and cultures from all over the world and to internalise values such as sustainability and respect.
- Stiftung Zukunft Liechtenstein: LLB has been promoting this think tank, which addresses economic and socio-political topics relevant to the sustainable development of Liechtenstein and the securing of its future, for the past five years.
- Alte Metzg Schaan: The organisation functions as a soup kitchen and an outlet for “Tischlein deck dich” (an organisation that provides food aid for people in need), and is a workplace for the long-term unemployed to facilitate their reintegration into the working world.