Sponsorships and events are gaining in importance worldwide. The instrument enjoys a high level of acceptance among all the stakeholders and conveys credibility and affinity. In 2016, the LLB Group reformulated its sponsoring strategy:
- We want our four values to be experienced emotionally through our activities.
- We strengthen and enable platforms and partnerships which fit us best.
- We coordinate partnerships and our own events group-wide using a new management tool.
- We explain what the LLB Group stands for simply, using topic pyramids.
The aim of our sponsoring strategy is to gain our target groups as brand ambassadors. Our sponsorships must suit, complement or strengthen the character of our brands. We therefore only focus on a few, effective long-term sponsorships that have a clear connection to a specific market area. As a universal bank, we take our responsibility very seriously and sponsor public events. The LLB Group remains politically neutral in all of its sponsoring activities and does not make financial or any other types of contributions to politicians or political parties.
Young adults and families
LLB and Bank Linth have placed young adults and families at the centre of their activities. The response has been resounding and very positive. In 2016, our commitment was to supporting, above all, sports, culture and society. Here are three examples of sponsorships and events that have been running for over a decade:
- LLB is the main sponsor of FC Vaduz (FCV), which, following its promotion in 2014, has again had a successful season playing in the highest Swiss football league. The club will strive to retain its position in the league in the 2016 / 2017 season. We renewed our sponsorship for a further two years in 2016. We have been supporting FCV for twelve years now, not only because the team provides important impulses for professional sport in Liechtenstein, but because it does valuable work for amateur sport too.
- In July 2016, LLB invited bands and artists from the Rhine Valley region into the inner courtyard of LLB in Vaduz for the open-air “Summer in the Courtyard” series of concerts, which is already in its twentieth year. What began in 1996 with a concert by the Big Band Liechtenstein has developed into a distinctive feature of the musical summer programme in Liechtenstein.
- We have also sponsored the Vaduz Town Run (“Städtlelauf”) for many years now – a traditional and popular fun run, staged in May 2016 with participants divided into eighteen categories and covering a running distance of up to 10 kilometres (the main run). A large number of participants and spectators from Liechtenstein and the surrounding region made their way to the centre of Vaduz – referred to by the locals as the “Städtle” (“small town”) – to mark the 32nd anniversary of the run.
By foregrounding project sponsorship as support, the LLB Group underscores the principle that each project retains its content and organisational independence. In 2016, Liechtensteinische Landesbank invested CHF 545,000 (2015: CHF 618,000) in projects in Liechtenstein, and Bank Linth invested CHF 426,000 (2015: CHF 362,000) in projects in Switzerland. This is quite apart from our Group’s long tradition of making donations. In this way, LLB has supported non-profit and social organisations for more than 30 years and since 2011 it has done this through the “Zukunftsstiftung der Liechtensteinischen Landesbank AG” (the Future Foundation of Liechtensteinische Landesbank AG), which was founded as part of our 150th anniversary celebrations (see chapter “Responsibilities for society and the environment”).