Object of the foundation
The “Zukunftsstiftung der Liechtensteinischen Landesbank AG” (the Future Foundation of Liechtensteinische Landesbank AG), which was founded in 2011 as part of our 150th anniversary celebrations, supports commitment to social and ecological sustainability in everyday life. We support social organisations and non-profit projects that improve living and working conditions and promote self-responsibility. We also support environmental projects. We focus on innovations in the areas of knowledge transfer as well as the integration and implementation of social entrepreneurship.
Trust, responsibility and reliability are important to the LLB Group. The company is closely connected with the people and the economy of Liechtenstein and the adjacent regions. In addition to project-specific investments, the Future Foundation contributed to society by donating a total of CHF 73’500 to social organisations in 2015.
Projects in 2015
The Future Foundation’s commitment in the areas of community service and the environment has a lasting, sustainable impact. Through its annual donations to a set circle of social institutions in Liechtenstein, the Future Foundation contributes to the maintenance of healthy social structures in the country. The funding of individual projects should enable innovative ideas for social and ecological development in the LLB Group’s market regions to be realised.
Since 2011, we have supported in total 25 projects and over 20 institutions with more than CHF 600’000. Since the projects are mostly small, focused and located in the market regions of the LLB and Bank Linth (Liechtenstein and eastern Switzerland) as well as LLB Österreich, the funding is often critical to the beneficiary organisations’ ability to realise them. In 2015, the Future Foundation funded five projects:
- Association NetzWerk – “Freiwilliges Soziales Jahr Liechtenstein” (voluntary year of community service): This project offers young people the opportunity to complete a supervised and professionally organised voluntary social service year at a social institution. Five people were able to successfully complete the social year and, as a result, further develop their future perspectives.
- kinderschutz.li: The “Kinder stark machen” (Make children strong) project is committed to the prevention of violence and abuse and is directed at children, parents and schools.
- KITAWAS: The aim of the day nursery, which is located in the multi-generational house in Vilters (SG), is to provide intergenerational care for children and the elderly, bringing the generations together in everyday life.
- “Stiftung Zukunft Liechtenstein” foundation: The foundation sees itself as a think tank for addressing economic and socio-political topics relevant to the sustainable development of Liechtenstein and to securing its future. To this end, it fosters the interaction between science, economics and politics.
- Alte Metzg Schaan: The LLB funded the Christmas campaign to distribute food aid to people in need.